Monday, April 20, 2009

Confessions.....

I new the mall was going to be chaotic, it was a busier store.... and that is all I thought. I could handle it... why did everyone do that sympathetic sigh thingy everytime I told them about the mall. You know the one where they give you a pitying half smile/frown as their eyebrows scrunch up in pain Ohohoh...
I can't have kids, my husband and I are in the process of adopting. I am at peace with our choice. I have embraced the idea of my little baby that my husband and I get to travel overseas to bring home and start a family with. My concept of family has changed... for the better. But a couple of years ago I was not ok. I cried buckets when my friends told me they were pregnant. Even lost contact with a couple of them. I didn't speak to my sister for three days when she told me she was going to have a baby. Pregnant strangers? I would turn around and walk down a different aisle if I saw them in the grocery store And then I got over myself, my jealousy was making me a miserable person and i could stay miserable or I could grown up. I mean it wasn't like this happened over night but i came to the conclusion that I had no control over what was happening and I wanted to be happy, so dang it I am happy. Oh but I forgot where I was going with this..... Pregnant women and baby strollers have TAKEN OVER THE MALL! There is even a group of about 20 of them that use the mall as there private gym every morning, several hours before the mall opens. They walk at a godawful pace around the perimeter of the mall and then congregate in the middle routunda. There they park their strollers in a large circle, stand behing them as a leader calls out drills and they all jumping-jack in unison. I have to say, not so jealous about the whole lose the baby weight thing..... hmmmm I may be a little more at peace with myself. And Kudos for those women exersizing like that. Which leads me to a whole other topic.... Mall Walkers, a different breed completley.

No comments:

Post a Comment