Wednesday, January 21, 2009

By myself.




This fall I visited the Japanese Gardens here in Portland. There is something therapeutic about being a tourist in your own city. Especially when you are there alone and can use all of your senses without distraction. I literally have to take the time to "smell the roses". I work so much and try to squash as stuff as I can into any down time that i have that I rarely fell rested. This place centered me. I took my camera and captured the amazing color that the garden had to offer. There were many other photographers out that day with way better equipment that I could ever imagine owning. I would love to see the photgraphs they took. I worked for a photographer when I was first out of college. I developed the photographs for him and many other amazing artists. It was so inspiring at the time and really laid the foundation for the understanding and appreciation that I have of the art today.
Across the street from the Japanese garden is the Portland Rose Garden. Although all the roses where not in bloom I was able to view some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment